Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Walking with Words

It's amazing how words can change almost any event or encounter. I was a small party the other night and noticed a guy talking to a girl. It was interesting to see how the words each of them used, constantly created new paths. Each word was like a footstep. Essentially their conversation was like a walk together down unknown paths. Body language is like a road sign. It gives warnings, it cautions, and it shows the speed limit. This guy talking to this girl was oblivious to any sign and kept rambling on; walking farther and farther away from her.

In our lives I think it is important to learn how use right words that take us in the direction we want to go. I think it is important to heed road signs as we walk ... in other words watch out for body language as we talk we each other. Lately, I feel like I have two left feet that keep taking me in circles. I have no problem talking to people; I just can't seem to find the right words. Eventually I'm staring into a blank face or the side of a head. However, for one day I felt like I was walking in the right direction. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment